Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Love at First Sight

You know that moment you see something and your heart stops?  You know, when you realize you're actually holding your breath?  Well I was just cruising along eBay one day and it happened, I saw this beauty:


I was totally smitten.  Then I looked at the price, ouch!!  For about two weeks I tried to shake it off but I was officially obsessed.   I mean, just LOOK at it...



I knew that it would be perfect for my dresser.  I could see it holding my keys and other small accessories and bring a little bit of the green from the rest of the house into the bedroom.  I've always been more than a little obsessed with the details.  I think they are like the jewelry to a room.  The right accessories can can take a room from drab to fab, they make the eyes linger and beg you to stay just a little longer.  I've also learned that when you've fallen head over heels in love with something, you always wish you hadn't walked away.   So, even though it was more than I would normally spend on a small accessory item, I decided that I would go for it.  Now I am *ahem* patiently waiting for the arrival of my "it" piece, stalking myEbay and tracking it's every move.  Until then, I leave you with a breakdown of today's cost:





1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous idea! You have great style so I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete