Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Little Recap, and An Apology

{Wow, I really am a bad blog Mommy.  I wrote this back in December!  Egads, better late than never I suppose.}


Soooooo, it looks like I've been a bad blog Mommy.....again.  *sigh*  Thanks to those of you who have stuck with me.  It really has been the craziest 6 months!!  I figure I owe you guys an explanation for just abandoning you, so here goes:
In June, my parent's tenants moved out of their rental.  We were, of course, recruited to help freshen the place up with a new coat of paint in hopes of getting it ready to rent again.  When we arrived, we realized that it was going to take more than a new coat of paint to make this pig look pretty!  The walls and floors were torn up, there was dog food and hair everywhere, there was soot all over the walls from a kitchen fire (unbeknownst to us), wall lamps were hanging off the wall with exposed wires, the oven was no longer functioning, and the yard was screaming "GO AWAY!"  Since it was summer time (and school was out) we decided to make the trek back and forth to my parent's rental (1 hour each way) several times a week to try to get it ready to rent again.
The goal was to quickly fix and repair everything by August 1st, but as anyone who has worked on old homes can tell you, "nothing goes as planned."  We ran into just about every road block imaginable, but the biggest problem was the kitchen.  *shudders* Oh how I hate kitchen remodels.  (P.S., I give mad props to the folks who make it look so easy a kindergartner could do it, see the Petersiks from Young House Love do it here and the ridiculously adorable and talented Amanda & Ben over at Our Humble A{Bowe}d over here, because I have to admit ours looked more like a comedy of errors than a "how to.")

But for now I leave you with this....I l-o-v-e this commercial.



Who doesn't need their own, personal, interior designer in a closet?!


No comments:

Post a Comment